Slip and Fall / Premises Liability
Falls, electrocution, drowning, loss of limbs — the injuries that can occur on a poorly maintained property can be serious, event fatal. The law requires property owners to take steps to ensure the safety of those who are lawfully on their property. But “premises liability” laws are different depending upon whether the property is public, private, or government property.
If you were injured because of a property owner’s negligence, contact a lawyer who has experience with California premises liability law — and do so quickly, especially if you were injured on government property. You have a limited amount of time to bring a claim, and it must be done in the proper manner.
The Law Offices of Suizi Lin have helped injured people get the compensation they need and deserve for their medical bills, lost wages, and financial losses.Your premises liability, slip and fall case requires immediate investigation
Evidence disappears quickly as property owners clean up in the aftermath of an accident and quickly move to fix the conditions that caused the injury. Handrails get installed. Warning signs appear. Carpet is replaced. Without swift investigation it becomes difficult to prove premises liability cases in court.
The Law Offices of Suizi Lin has experienced investigators to promptly gather evidence.Premises liability, slip and fall cases can be very serious
Many people hear “slip and fall”, fell and think it is a frivolous case. We know differently. Slip-and-fall accidents can cause serious, even life-threatening head injuries and spinal cord injuries. Slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents can happen in many ways:
- Missing or broken handrails or broken or missing lights in stairwells
- Icy pavement or steps
- Broken sidewalks or, deep potholes in parking lots
- Wet floors that aren’t marked with warning signs
- Frayed carpets or rugs bunched up in doorways
- Unmarked steps down or up when entering or exiting a business
Other kinds of serious injury that can occur on a property include:
- Being struck by falling debris at a construction site or falling merchandise at a store
- Electrocutions from faulty electrical wiring or badly positioned electric cords
- Faulty maintenance on fencing, failing to have a self-closing gate or self-latching fence
- Swimming pools that are not up to code
- Elevators or escalators that are not leveled properly
- Dangerous dogs on the premises
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury on an unmaintained property, contact The Law Offices of Suizi Lin. We have the experience you need to get results.